Friday, September 28, 2012

Choir and Promise of Peace Updates


We made it to Friday!  I know many are checking in to see what is going on with choir and with Ms. Dry's program this Saturday, so here are some updates.
The children are doing a great job on the Promise of Peace Show, this Saturday, September 29, 2012.  Our performers should arrive at 4:00 at the Lakewood Theater.  We will have a little rehearsal time on stage.  Dress is jeans and tennis shoes.  Ms. Dry will bring Promise of Peace shirts.   I think you will enjoy the program.  The children will sing at 5:00.   Bring family and friends. 
Choir auditions have been overwhelming.  There is a wonderful interest in choir this year.  I will be working on invitations to choir this weekend.  I have not had a moment to get it done this week.  I am hoping we can get started this week.  It is time to work on our winter program.   I have sent a few invitations to parents via email to Tuesday's Canto Vivace group.  If you got an invitation, please send your child on Tuesday morning at 7:30.  If they have already had breakfast, I will pick them up in the gym and the auditorium.  Otherwise, they are to grab their breakfast and come straight to the music room.   I will be working on the other choirs this weekend.  Be on the lookout for an email from me. 
Our next PTA meeting is October 16th.  It is our 5th graders time to shine!  We will have a choir parents meeting at 6:00 before PTA.  I would love the opportunity to share with you our plans for the year and even give parents a chance to exchange uniforms if your child will need a new uniform.  For those of you who are new, the uniform is khaki pants or skirts for the girls and a black polo shirt with our Honor Choir logo.  We will order more shirts once we know who needs what sizes. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment